Wednesday, May 31, 2006

(Don't) Paint It Black

Web pages that have pale text on a dark background... Am I the only bod on the web who just cannot get along with that? Nothing aesthetic, purely the fact that my eyes go funny and I get a headache after reading them for a few seconds or more. Is that just me? We're not meant to read stuff that way, surely. It goes against nature. What I do (because some of you bastards out there are guilty of this) is I copy the text and paste it into notepad, where I can read it in more civilised environs. You see the lengths I go to, just so you can have a cool dark background? You see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass? (I know, I know... wrong photo.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the white-on-black question. I'm glad Mystery Circus changed to the more normal dark on light.

Too bad you can't cut and paste print mags that way. Some of them do green on red, red on black, etc. That's why I gave up on Wired. It's different now, but they lost me.--Karin

Charlie Williams said...

Also blackboards at school. Notice how they changed to whiteboards a while back? I refuse to believe it was down to political correctness. It was to stop ruining our children's eyes!

Anonymous said...

Ah, ahem. Cough. Really? Bugger.

Charlie Williams said...

No offence, mate. Do your eyes really not go funny when you look at it? Maybe it's just me. And Karin.

Anonymous said...

Nah, I can read it comfortably...but if other people can't, then it's sort of defeating the point, isn't it. I shall have to do some market research (aka asking people what they think).

Anonymous said...

Nah, I can read it comfortably...but if other people can't, then it's sort of defeating the point, isn't it. I shall have to do some market research (aka asking people what they think).

Anonymous said...

Haha, obviously has affected my eyes, hasn't it.

Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://wnegolco.com/mwtl/qnfk.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://bljanezm.com/rmwc/cwjk.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://wnegolco.com/mwtl/qnfk.html | http://mxctkxoj.com/pisn/yqtn.html