Thursday, February 15, 2007

Another one bites the dust

Alas, poor Bullet. I knew him, dear reader. A magazine of infinite style, and most excellent fiction.

I hate it when small press magazines fold. I got into writing through mags similar to Bullet (most of which have now folded), and without them the world of publishing seems like a dim and distant netherworld that only celebrities and exceptionally bland but photogenic "writers" can ever reach. Writers like me - a bit fleabitten perhaps but interested in pushing the boat out and walking down less familiar avenues of fiction - we have to take whatever opportunities we can to get published. And the loss of Bullet is one less opportunity. Do you know what? I had a story to send Mr Jeffrey as well.

Anyone want to publish a story? It may not be photogenic but it sure ain't bland.


No comments: